Best Proposal Contest 2023
Official Rules, Terms & Conditions
- Sponsors. This contest “The Best Proposal Contest 2023” is sponsored by Michael E Minden Diamond Jewelers, 3200 S Las Vegas Blvd Suite #2475, Las Vegas, NV 89109. This Contest is void where taxed, restricted, or prohibited and is subject to all local, state, and federal laws. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor(s), which shall be final and not subject to appeal.
- Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter. The Contest is open to permanent legal U.S. residents and who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Current or former employees of Michael E Minden Diamond Jewelers, affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies (including anyone who prepares and/or distributes Contest materials), and the immediate family members or persons living in the same household (whether related or not) of all the foregoing are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
Participants are eligible to win “The Best Proposal Contest” only once every three hundred and sixty five (365) days. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted in any contest or sweepstakes. Participants are eligible to win a prize valued at $600.00 or more only once every twelve (12) months. Text, data, or messaging rates may apply.
- Entry. This Contest will accept entries beginning on November 12, 2023 at 06:00 AM PST and ending on January 10th, 2024 11:59pm PST. To enter the Contest, entrants must visit lovemyjeweler.com/pages/best-proposal-contest and fill out the entry form. Entrants must include their names, phone numbers, e-mail address, instagram account name, birth date, and the date of their proposal in order to enter. All posts must conform to the criteria herein. By entering the “Best Proposal Contest 2023” submitters/contestants acknowledge and agree their submitted videos may be posted for public viewing, for contest promotional advertising, and may be used in all other advertising medias for Michael E Minden Diamond Jewelers including but not limited to; Michael E Minden Diamond Jewelers premises, lovemyjeweler.com website,all social media platforms including instagram, facebook, twitter, and tiktok, and may be aired on broadcast television.
- All contestants must follow “@michaelemindendiamondjewlers” on Instagram.
- All contestants must tag “@michaelemindendiamondjewlers” in their proposal video post.
- All contestants must hashtag “#MindenGirl” in their proposal video post.
- All video entries must be in duration of 60 seconds minimum and 180 seconds maximum to be a valid entry for consideration.
Incomplete entries will not be considered. All entries must be received byJanuary 10th, 2024 11:59PM PST. One (1) entry per couple will be accepted. After January 11th, 2024 submissions will be placed in a computer randomizer and ten (10) videos will be randomly selected. Between January 12th, 2024 at 06:00 AM PST to January 25th, 2024 11:59PM PST the ten finalist videos will be posted to the Michael E Minden Diamond Jewelers website and the public will be encouraged to vote for their favorite video.
Between January 26th, 2024 and January 30th, 2024 votes will be tabulated and audited, and the winning video entry will be determined. The winner will be announced on February 5th, 2024. The winning video couple will receive the grand prize one (1) diamond anniversary ring with an appraised retail value of approximately $3000.00 US.
Should a tie breaker become necessary, the contest will be extended for a final round of voting over two (2) weeks between January 26th, 2024 and February 9th, 2024 and the winning video will then be announced February 16th, 2024.
Michael E Minden Diamond Jewelers is not responsible for technical or computer, telephone service outages, delays, equipment malfunctions, busy signals, hang-ups, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, or late, lost, failed, illegible, incomplete, garbled or deleted entries, transmissions, or voicemails or other network or technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or online entry, or for printing errors in any advertisement, entry form, or the rules.
An entrant may use only one (1) email address to submit entries during the Contest. If an entrant uses multiple email addresses to submit more than one (1) entry per day, the entrant will be disqualified. For entries submitted online, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning the e-mail address or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any automated or computer-generated entries, fake or duplicate identities, spam, or improper techniques (as determined by the Sponsor) will be disqualified. Any questions regarding the validity, completeness, or number of entries submitted by an individual or the identity of the authorized account holder of an e-mail address, phone number, or social media profile shall be determined by the Sponsor at their sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who acts in a disruptive, harassing, vulgar, or unsportsmanlike manner, as determined by the Sponsor at their sole discretion.
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If the Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual tampering with the Contest (electronic or otherwise) or if technical difficulties (e.g. infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor) compromise the security, fairness, integrity or administration of the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue and/or modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest and conduct a random drawing to award the prize among all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Contest is terminated due to tampering or technical
difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted online at lovemyjeweler.com. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant that tampers with the operation of the Contest or website or violates the Official Rules of the Contest. Entries not conforming to announced entry specifications will not be acknowledged or returned.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVEs THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE OR SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number and caliber of eligible entries received.
- Video Restrictions. Videos submitted by the entrants/participants may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, any content that:
- is obscene, offensive, sexually explicit; violent; derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; endorses any form of hate or hate group; profane or pornographic; contains full nudity;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- contains products or trademarks of any Sponsor competitor;
- defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about any person or company; e. contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission, to the extent permission is necessary; contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including, without limitation, photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
- contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
- contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
- communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and/or
- violates any law or regulation.
By entering this Contest, entrant acknowledges and agrees that all entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be returned or acknowledged. To be eligible, an entry must be the entrant’s original video, may not have been entered in any other contest, won any other prize or have been previously published in any other medium excluding social media platforms. If the video contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties (e.g., essay contains portions written by someone other than entrant), the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the entry by the Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, permission from the owner to use the content and permissions from any person (or, if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) who appears in or is identifiable in the entry. The Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to the Sponsor from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof will render entry null and void.
- Prize(s). There will be one (1) winning entry in this Contest. On February 5th, 2024 by 11:59PM PST, the winner will be notified that they won by phone or e-mail. The winning entry will receive a diamond anniversary ring. The approximate retail value of the prize is approximately $3000.00 US. Entrants can win only once.
The 10 finalists will be contacted by a representative of the Sponsor, and must reply back to the Sponsor within 72 hours to maintain eligibility. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within this time period or fails to respond to any attempted contact, such potential winner will be disqualified, his/her entry will be declared null and void and the Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to choose another potential winner by the process referred to above.
All results are unofficial until the winner is verified by the Sponsor. The prize may NOT be exchanged, substituted, transferred or redeemed for other prizes. Cash will not be awarded as a substitute for the prize. The prize is awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use, merchantability, or fitness for a specific purpose, and the Sponsor is not responsible for defective prizes. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize in their sole discretion without an on-air or off-air announcement, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Other terms and conditions may apply.
- Conditions for Acceptance of the Prize. The winning couple must claim the prize in-person at Michael E Minden Diamond Jewelers, located at 3200 Las Vegas Blvd South Suite #2475 Las Vegas, NV 89109, during regular business hours (Wednesday – Saturday from 11:00 AM PST to 05:00 PM PST. The prize will not be mailed under any circumstances. The prize must be claimed by February, 25th, 2024 by 05:00 PM PST or it will be forfeited. The winning couple will be required to provide valid government issued photo identification cards and to execute an affidavit of eligibility and publicity and liability release prior to receiving their prize. All unclaimed or rejected prizes will be forfeited. Failure by the winner to respond to the communications from Michael E Minden Diamond Jewelers, calls, e-mails or other notifications will lead to forfeiture of the prize. Failure to completely fill out and sign all waivers, releases, or forms requested by Michael E Minden Diamond Jewelers will result in forfeiture of the prize.Michael E Minden Diamond Jewelers then has the right, at its discretion, to award that prize to another winner using the method described above. A winner who forfeits any prize is not eligible to win another contest or sweepstakes conducted by the Michael E Minden Diamond Jewelers for one hundred and eighty (180) days.
Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winnerand the winner may receive an IRS 1099 Form or equivalent from the Sponsor. The Sponsor will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. The winner is required to fill out any tax forms requested by the Sponsor in order to receive their prize.
The winner will be solely responsible for any and all license and registration fees, accommodations, transportation costs, gratuities and all other items of an incidental nature. All expenses on receipt and use of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner, the Sponsor is not responsible for any weather changes or extenuating circumstances relating to a prize received. The Sponsor is not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for events that are delayed or canceled. All delays and cancellations are deemed beyond the control of the Sponsor this includes, but is not limited to, event cancellations, trip schedule changes, flight cancellations, changes in travel arrangements, travel delays of any form and duration, game cancellations and delays, as well as all acts of nature. The Sponsor is not responsible for any expenses incurred by the Contest winner as a result of such delays or cancellations. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to supply the prize by reason of any force majeure events, such as acts of God, war, terrorist attacks, unusually severe weather, labor strikes, or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor.
By accepting the prize, the winning couple agree to have their name, voice, likeness, biographical information, and entry materials used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, and in any media whatsoever, including all Michael E Minden Diamond Jewelers social media platforms and on lovemyjeweler.com, for any purpose whatsoever, worldwide, in perpetuity, without any further authorization or compensation to the winner.
- Social Media. For contests or sweepstakes conducted or promoted on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, iHeartRadio, or any other social media website (each a “Social Media Site” and collectively the “Social Media Sites”), the Sponsor reserves the right to void any entrant’s entry in the Contest for failure to abide by the guidelines, policies, or procedures of the applicable Social Media Site, and to delete or remove any of entrant’s related “Likes,” comments, posts, tweets, videos, photos, user generated content, or other electronic messages, communications, or submissions at their discretion. The Sponsor also reserves the right to block, ignore, report, and/or completely prevent any entrant, account, user, or profile from accessing the Contest and/or the Sponsor’s profiles, accounts, websites, blogs or handles. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the Social Media Sites. By entering this Contest, entrants agree to release and hold the Social Media Sites harmless from any or all claims, liability, damages, judgments, fines, costs, expenses related to or associated with their participation in this Contest. Entrants understand that by logging-in to the applicable Social Media Site, that they agree to comply with the Social Media Site’s Terms of Service, and that their personal information is subject to the Privacy Policies and information collection practices of the Social Media Site. Entrants agree that the Sponsor is not responsible for the collection, disclosure, transfer, or dissemination of their personal information, whether directly or indirectly, by third party advertisers, marketers, or any other transferees. For entries submitted through the Social Media Sites, the Sponsors may be limited to using the information in a manner set forth by the Social Media Sites and in no other way.
- Limitation on Liability. Michael E Minden Diamond Jewelers disclaims all liabilities to the winners with respect to receipt and use of the prize. Winners and their guests or travel companions, by acceptance of their prize, agree to release and hold the Michael E Minden Diamond Jewelers and their affiliated companies, their advertising, promotion and production agencies, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives harmless from any and all liability, claims, causes of actions, damages, fines, and costs of any kind whatsoever (including reasonable attorney’s fees) which may be sustained directly or indirectly to persons or property in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any Contest or prize-related activity.
- Reservation of Rights. The Sponsor reserves the right to make changes to these Official Rules in their sole discretion which will become effective upon announcement. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or terminate this Contest for any reason in the event that it cannot be run or administered as intended by the Sponsor. Any such changes or termination will be announced on lovemyjeweler.com/pages/best-proposal-contest and on the Michael E Minden Diamond Jewelers Instagram account.